An approved candidate shall become a member of the Association when the candidate signifies in writing a willingness to uphold the purposes and policies of the Association and upon payment of any initiation fees, special assessments, dues and subscriptions then owing and payable.
Click here to review the Code of Ethics.
Membership in the Association is not transferable or assignable. Membership in the Association confers no right to exhibit at any Association sponsored show.
The Association’s fiscal year ends on December 31. Approved members are required to pay a one-time initiation fee of $2,500 to the Association and pro-rated membership dues of $1,000 to be applied to the July 1 – December 31 membership term. Annual membership dues to the Association are $2,000 and are due by December 31 of the prior year.
Membership requires payment of dues annually regardless of exhibition at The Photography Show. Failure to pay annual dues will result in termination of membership.
Any individual or legal entity engaged in the sale and promotion of fine art photography and/or photo-based art, and who meets the following qualifications, may be considered for membership in the Association if:
- a significant part of the prospective member’s business has been and is devoted to the sale and promotion of fine art photography and/or photo-based art which meet the Association's high artistic standards;
- the prospective member has a reputation in the community for honesty and integrity, both generally and in dealings with the public, museums, photographers and other dealers; the prospective member has made and is making substantial contributions to the field of fine art photography and/or photo-based art through the quality of photographic art offered for sale, the exhibitions mounted, the catalogs and other publications published and through other worthwhile endeavors;
- the prospective member has met the above criteria for at least five (5) years;
- the prospective member will significantly advance the purposes and enhance the reputation of the Association;
- and the prospective member will pay an initiation fee in addition to annual dues.
All questions and written recommendations should be directed to AIPAD Executive Director, Meredith Robertson at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-202-367-2396.
Last updated on November 1, 2015. This information is subject to change.